1. Which one of the following is NOT a fossil fuel?
2. Which one of these is a renewable energy resource?
3. Which one of these is NOT a renewable energy resource?
4. Which of these energy resources gives an unreliable output and does not work 24 hours a day?
5. What is a fuel?
A. A substance that is renewable.
B. A substance that can burn to release thermal energy.
C. A substance that can store kinetic energy.
D. A substance that can be lifted up to store gravitational energy.
6. Which energy resource gets energy from hot volcanic rocks underground?
7. Many power stations use fuels, and convert the stored chemical energy into what form?
A. electricity for transfer to homes
B. kinetic energy for transfer to homes
C. elastic energy for transfer to homes
D. nuclear energy for transfer to homes
8-10. These questions are about a wind turbine.
A small wind turbine on a hill produces 10 000 watts of power on Monday when it is very windy.
On Tuesday there is a gentle breeze and the turbine only produces 2000 watts.
On Wednesday there is hardly any wind and the output is 1000 watts.
The output on Monday is
On Monday the output is
than the output on Tuesday.
On Wednesday the output is only
of the output on Monday.